Physical Appearance and Clothing
* Has a sudden preoccupation with his or her appearance, having nails done, tanning, etc.
* He/she leaves the house in the morning smelling like one type of soap and returns in the evening smelling like a different soap or cologne/perfume.
* He/she joins the gym and begins a rigorous workout program.
* He buys himself new underwear. She buys a sexier type of underwear.
* He/she stops wearing wedding ring.
Attitude and Habits
* He/she becomes "accusatory," asking if you are being true to him/her, usually out of guilt.
* Raises hypothetical questions such as, "Do you think it's possible to love more than one person at a time?"
* Picks fights in order to stomp out of the house.
* Your spouse seems less comfortable around you and is "touchy" and easily moved to anger.
* He/she loses attention for in the activities in the home.
* He/she has a definite change in attitude towards everyone in the home.
* Spouse's coworkers are uncomfortable in your presence.
Work Schedule - Paycheck
* You find out by accident he/she took vacation day or personal time off from work - but supposedly worked on those days.
* Your spouse is away from home, either nights or on trips, more than previously.
* The amount of money being deposited into your checking account drops off.
* Supposedly works a lot of overtime, but it never shows up on the pay stub.
* Has a sudden desire to be helpful with the laundry.
* Has unexplained scratches or bruises on his or her neck or back.
* Sleeps with purse/wallet by the bed or left locked in their vehicle.
* Away from the marital residence for unexplained periods of time.
* Shows a sudden interest in a different type of music.
* You find items of intimate apparel or other small gift-type items that you did not give your spouse.
* He carries condoms, and you are on the pill.
The Number One Sign
* Your intuition (gut feeling) tells you that something is not right.